If there is one area in your home you should look to install Smart Home Technology, it should be your heating system. Simplified management, internet connectivity and automatic adjustments will ensure you use as little energy as possible and save yourself some money.
Depending on your current system, you shouldn’t have to start from scratch…just add a Smart Thermostat/controller and start saving.
What do they do?
These clever devices learn your preferences then monitor and manage your heating for you. They will ensure that its always at your favourite temperature when you are home, and will reduce the temperature when you aren’t.
Dependent on your system and device chosen, they can;
- learn how long it takes to heat up your home, so it knows when to start heating ready for your arrival.
- uses Geo Fencing via the Smart App on your mobile, so it knows when you are on your way home
- changes the temperature when you aren’t at home, helping you to reduce costs but also ensuring your home doesn’t freeze and cause problems with pipes which is useful in the mountains
- can be controlled remotely via an App on your Smart device, from anywhere, over the internet.
- work with other Smart Technologies giving you greater safety features and functionality
What will work for me?
Various devices are available dependent on your heating system. Smart Thermostats, Thermostatic valves for radiators and Wi-Fi enabled radiators are just a few of the products available. These will work with the variety of systems like combi-boilers, electric and hydronic under floor heating, Opentherm……even centralised systems used in apartment blocks.
Whatever system you have, there will be a Smart Solution for you.
Be Aware: There are many Smart Devices which differ from country to country. You need to ensure that the Smart Device you choose is compatible with your heating type. e.g. Googles Nest Thermostat is different in the U.S. when compared to the device available in Europe. It is also only compatible with Hydronic Underfloor Systems and not Electric Underfloor.
Smart Heating Devices also work with Smoke Detectors, lighting, Voice Assistance, Home Security products, Vacuum Robots……….the list is long and continually being added to, but you get the idea.
Please contact us with your enquiries.